Tips for Common Printer Issues (Dye Sub)
Why won’t my printer print? It’s a common question. Troubleshooting your printers can be a huge pain if you don’t know where to start. Here are some tips to help you out.
- Check if your printers and devices are plugged in and turned on before turning on your computer or starting the software.
- Always have extra cables on hand
- Check power cable. Switch plugs. Switch cables. Turn the printer off and on.
- Is the printer USB plugged in? Unplug and re-plug both ends. Try another cable. Try another computer port.
- Use a powered hub if a hub is needed
- Check Devices and Printers in the Control Panel and see if your printer is listed. DNP Printers will show up on Devices and Printers regardless of Winders Drivers, it may show as “Unspecified”, your printer model, or just “Photo Printer”
- If your printer shows up in Devices and Printers and is Copy 1 or Copy 2 etc, you need to make sure paper size is set correctly.
- Always Test Print from the driver to make sure the printer is working.
If you have more than one drivers under Devices and Printers keep in mind that only 1 should be dark grey. The others are light grey. Always choose the dark grey copy. Make sure it is set to the correct paper size to print.
One printer does not need to be set to default and left that way. You can simply right click on the driver at any time can make it the default.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us