DX100 Common Issue Fix
Given everything that has been happening, some people have shut down for some time and are now having issues with their DX100 machines that have set unused for too long. To avoid this issue in the future follow the following information.
Best case scenario, have your printers on and running and print at least the equivalent of 1 8×10 piece of paper at least once a week through the DX100. If you do not have 8” paper, then print 2 5×7 on 5” paper, or 4 4×5 or 4 4×6 with 4” or 6” paper.
A print check pattern does not use enough ink to only run it to keep the head clear you must run prints as well, as listed above. You can also run a diagnostic cleaning instead of printing. However we find it is good to run some paper through the machine.
If you do not have the ability to keep your printer on and printing, please remember to follow these steps to clear your nozzle.
Go into Devices and Printers in the Control Panel. Double click on the DX100 EX that is connected. It will open the DX100 queue. Go to the top left and click on Printer and go down to Properties.
- Do not remove any of the ink cartridges, they must remain in the machine and fully inserted to properly seal the printers ink system (unless performing the drain and clean process).
- In Properties click on Preferences.
- In Printing Preferences click on Start DX Printer Maintenance Tool
- In Maintenance Tool click on Head Maintenance
- In Head Maintenance click on Forced Cleaning
- In Forced Cleaning select Power and click Execute
Questions? Call us at 305-599-2218